Leaflet ready to use
29 January 2019
I created a Leaflet map with 2 layers for the moment and all my gpx. The goal is to be able to have an overview of the projects and possibilities I have when I want to organise something, to give ideas to thers and at the same time to learn a bit more about the surroundings. It is always useful to know, “Ah ja I was there … oh this is not far …”.
The gpx are sorted depending on projects and on type :
- Green : Bike
- Red : Hike
- Blue : SkiTour
Then comes a bit more transparent gpx with a dash array, this are ‘Projects’ :)
I had to solve little difficulties with Leaflet but things are working great. Here a small list to avoid other people to get in the same troubles:
- load all gpx in a folder
- use a for loop
- create a variable with all the relative paths of the gpx
- Created automatically with an Rscript, listing the files depending on where there are. It is creating a file which I have to copy the content in the js code.
- The list of the gpx at the end is also done this way (here the file)
- Fullscreen option
- using leaflet-fullscreen
- Making layers for the maps
- Making layer for the different type of gpx
- loading only 1 map at a time and not both
- little thing to know : in the L.map() option ‘layers’ define only 1 layer, but load the 2 in L.control.layers()
Howerver there are still things that I would like to do :
- Use leaflet.Elevation
- Highlight track by selecting
Just play with it :)
Join the discussion for this article on this ticket. Comments appear on this page instantly.
Thanks to aristaht for making this static comment system possible.