While I was planing a Ski tour I landed on a DAV website to reserve Hut. I realize that their URL is ending by an ID:
Meaning that the all info from their hut are easily available for few lines of code with R for example.
I decide to take the step and give me a challenge to have a Leaflet marker for all those Hut with a link to the reservation site.
Here the summarized workflow I have built in the Rscript:
- I first got all the hut name from the different url.
- Use ggmap package to find the localisation of the names (geocoding)
- convert those info in a js variable
- change the default icon
- and ja other little things …
You will have then 1 new layer available:
POI - DAV-SAC-CAS Hutten