I do a lot of easy coding with batch files. So you can imagine that I could have sometimes several cmd windows open here and there … what a mess.
Cmder solved my problem.
I just used the cmder-mini. To replace the cmd with the cmder :
- Open cmder.exe
Win+Alt+Pto open the settings
- go in Integration / Default term
- Check [x] Force ConEmu as default terminal for console applications
- Check [x] Register on OS startup
- Save settings
Integration with FreeCommander
If you use FreeCommander (an expolorer much better that the one from Windows), you know that you can open a cmd terminal where your explorer is by pressing
Ctrl+D. In order to use Cmder as well with this:
- Go in Settings / View / DOS Prompt
- Modify DOS box command specification :
<path-of-your-Cmder.exe> /single /x "/cmd cmd" %ActivDir%
- Single permit to open a new tab and to have only one instance
Create a reg file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Users\\doria\\scoop\\apps\\cmder\\current\\Cmder.exe" /single /x \"/cmd %1\""